There are several steps you can take if you are experiencing difficulties connecting to your WiFi network. First, confirm the network name and password are correct. Capitalization, special characters and spaces must match exactly for both network name and password. If both are correct, you can try these steps:
- Quit the app
- Unplug the COR Console for 30 seconds, then plug the console back in.
- Turn off and on Bluetooth on the iPhone
- Wait 30 seconds and then re-open the app
If the above doesn’t work, it may be an issue with your router. Modern routers operate on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio bands. The COR, however, runs only on 2.4GHz. Some Wi-Fi routers have two different networks you can connect to, one in 5GHz and another in 2.4GHz.
- So, go into Settings > Wi-Fi on your iPhone, and try connecting your iPhone to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Now try pairing your COR again in the COR app.
If you have a mesh network like Google WiFi, then in its default state the 2.4GHz and 5GHz are managed by the router as one network. We have especially seen difficulties using these types of routers as it can cause continuous drops in connection for any smart home device. We have found that creating a guest network that only runs at 2.4GHz to work well. Here is a tutorial we have found helpful.
If issues continue, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.